How to collaborate with bloggers in TikTok in Russia
Tik Tok is rapidly gaining popularity and may soon overtake Vkontakte in terms of the number of users. The most active and large audience is users under 18 years of age. And it’s a great platform for quickly promoting your brand.
It makes sense to advertise in Tik Tok if your target audience is there. For example, it will be interesting for other bloggers, brands of youth clothing, food and drinks.
Working with bloggers directly
- The main advantage of working independently with bloggers is the ability to enter the Influence marketing market with a limited budget. If your budget is enough for 1-2 opinion leaders, you should not contact the agency.
- No one knows your client better than you do. In some cases, the target audience may be quite complex and only you can know all the subtleties and problems of the target audience.
- By searching for bloggers on your own, you will be sure of your choice, as you will thoroughly study each profile. You can also negotiate barter terms and provide a product or service as payment for the publication.
But in most cases, it is more profitable to contact a specialized agency, which is why:
- Not all bloggers respond to messages in a timely manner and get in touch. Some of them, in the day, we get dozens, if not hundreds of proposals for cooperation. So they may read the message and not respond.
- Without audience analysis and statistics, you won’t be able to achieve your campaign goals. If you don’t properly evaluate engagement and filter out bots, there is a high risk of “draining the budget”. Even if you decide to do this, be prepared to spend a lot of time.
- To properly present an advertising message, not every blogger is ready to understand the goals of the campaign and the problems of the audience. And since payment is usually made for the publication itself, rather than for clicks or purchases, the result of the campaign is not guaranteed.
How to negotiate a collaboration with a blogger
The market for affiliate advertising for Tiktok bloggers is still being formed, so the prices for the services of the guys can be completely different and often are not tied to the number of subscribers and do not have any justification.
When planning a collaboration with a blogger, you need to be prepared for the fact that most of them are children and take into account the specifics of communicating with them. For example, if you need to sign a cooperation agreement, you need to involve their parents. If the influencer does not cooperate with the agency, then due to the abundance of messages in the personal account, it may take a long time to get in touch or simply forget to answer you.
Step-by-step instructions: how to choose a blogger for collaboration
- Determine the tastes and interests of your audience.
- Find bloggers whose content matches the interests of your audience.
- Examine the quality and number of comments. If a blogger gets subscribers, there will be few reactions to the content, and comments will be monotonous and meaningless.
- When choosing a blogger, you should not focus on the number of subscribers, it is not as important as for instagram. A more important indicator is the ratio of comments and likes to regular and advertising posts. For example, a blogger with 15,000 subscribers and 150,000 may have the same number of reactions. The more active your profile is, the more useful your ad placement will be.
Types of collaborations with bloggers
Depending on the promotion goal and budget, there are several ways to interact with bloggers:
- direct advertising in video;
- launch a challenge with your unique hashtag;
- recording a duet;
- record the blogger’s reaction to your video in Tik Tok.
A free way to promote your personal profile is to take part in the challenge launched by the opinion leader. To do this, you need to perform the actions required by the challenge, record it on video and post it in your profile with a specific hashtag. The video will be available by hashtag and, if you record an interesting story, it can get a lot of views and bring new subscribers.
How to order an ad from a blogger
It is important to discuss the format of the ad video in as much detail as possible. It can often happen that the influencer makes exciting videos for himself, but for advertising – monotonous and boring. You need to be prepared for the fact that the blogger may refuse to discuss and coordinate the scenario with you.
If you are involved in the shooting process, you need to work out the scenario as much as possible. The message should fit seamlessly into the content that a blogger usually produces. The video should fit in with trends, surprise or entertain the audience. It is advisable to apply the same Tiktok filters that a blogger usually applies to it.
If there is no product placement in the video, you can mark the advertised account in the video. Direct links to other resources in Tiktok are prohibited.
Examples of successful advertising campaigns with bloggers
In the fall of 2018, Guess built a successful chain of collaborations with owners of popular Tiktok accounts. Bloggers launched a challenge about transformation-they released a video with the hashtag #inmydenim, in which they first showed a comical image in old things, and then changed into Guess clothes. The challenge quickly gained momentum among regular users, reaching a total audience of 30 million people.
Another successful case – challenge #shareacoke from Coca-Cola. The Red Bull challenge attracted the attention of almost 36 million users.
CPA marketing means that a company trusts a partner to promote its product. If the partner brought the user and the user performed the target action, the partner receives a reward. This is why this model is called CPA (cost per action). Target actions can be different. This is usually a purchase, but there are […]