CPA-advertising in Russia: particularities
CPA marketing means that a company trusts a partner to promote its product. If the partner brought the user and the user performed the target action, the partner receives a reward. This is why this model is called CPA (cost per action). Target actions can be different. This is usually a purchase, but there are other options, such as sending a request or installing an app.
Let’s go through the basic concepts of CPA marketing, and also see how COVID-19 has affected this advertising model.
Who can and can’t use the CPA model
CPA marketing is well suited for those who have a simple and clear (“mass”) product with a wide audience.
Is the CPA model suitable for you? Here is a checklist:
- The product is aimed at a B2C audience and is suitable for promotion on the Internet
- The price of the product is competitive, and if the product also has bonuses (free shipping, gift) – this is an advantage
- It is technically possible to install a pixel on your site
- Your product has a wide geography
- The bid that you are willing to offer the webmaster is not lower than the market rate
In some cases this model will work poorly:
- With the help of CPA networks, you will not be able to sell something exotic or complex, highly specialized, such as equipment for oil refining.
- The CPA model does not work if the advertiser’s offer does not match the market and the product/service is significantly cheaper for competitors. Partners will not promote a product that is not adequate to market prices – it is not profitable for them.
- CPA marketing does not work well in B2B-sales. In this domain often involve studying information, comparing options,and lengthy negotiations, including offline. However, there are exceptions.
There is no point in investing if the business is at the limit of production capacity and may not be able to cope with a significant surge in demand. This will disappoint both customers who will not receive the product, and partners who will not receive a reward.
Consider the timing of your ad campaign. For example, a two-week campaign is unlikely to bring results and will allow you to evaluate the CPA channel. You should go to the CPA network if the advertising campaign period is at least three months.
How webmasters attract traffic
Traffic sources can include: social networks, sites (content sites, landing pages, forums, blogs), email newsletters, contextual advertising, teaser advertising, discount and coupon aggregators, cashbacks, brokers, mobile apps, any other methods of attracting traffic to the advertiser’s site, clickunder/popunder (pop-UPS that open when you click on another link and overlap the content) or doorways (single-page sites created to get to the top of the search results, and then redirect the user to the advertiser’s page).
Display advertising on the Internet is a kind of mix that includes the main formats for submitting information. It includes text, audio-visual materials, and interactive elements. For example, a media page may contain branded videos, audio ads, banners, text ads, and so on. In the West, such a complex capture of target audience attention was […]
CPA marketing means that a company trusts a partner to promote its product. If the partner brought the user and the user performed the target action, the partner receives a reward. This is why this model is called CPA (cost per action). Target actions can be different. This is usually a purchase, but there are […]